I recently did Beachbody’s Ultimate Reset for the first time in years. I was tired of feeling unhealthy and not taking the right steps to fix it and I’m so glad I took this step for my own health and fitness.
Sure, I eat healthy most of the time, but there’s always that treat here and there (which can turn into more treats). Doing a reset can help you realize your addictions so you can reverse them. And after 21 days, I feel the best I have in longer than I can remember.
Ultimate Reset really kickstarts the metabolism. You eat on a regimented schedule, three or four times a day. It’s all clean food, which cleanses your liver so you feel less bloated. The weight loss that comes along with it is just a really nice side effect of getting your body healthy.
The thing with other programs that promise a reset or detox is that everyone is out to lose weight. Once the weight is gone, you go back to your old habits and gain the weight back. With Ultimate Reset, there’s more motivation to stick with healthier nutrition because you work toward breaking bad eating habits. When you finish the program, bad habits are gone. Plus, you’re sleeping better and have more energy, so you eat less crap overall.
Now, I didn’t follow the program exactly as-is. I eased myself off the coffee and I continued to work out, using the vegan Recovery and a few other performance supplements. But I did follow the eating protocol, which I think helped me stay focused after dropping Jack off at school.
Other benefits of the program include:
- Alkalizing your body by cutting out coffee, processed foods, sugars and alcohol (when following the program to the letter).
- Elimination of animal products, dairy and grains in the third week, helping to cut back on the bloat.
- Healthy options if you’re doing the reset during travel days or busy days.
- A natural exfoliation of the skin.
At the end of my 21 days, I felt better than I can remember feeling. I lost 9 pounds and 2.5 inches and feel fantastic, even after being officially off the program for a little over a week. In maintenance, as I slowly re-introduced some of the foods I eliminated, I managed to lose another pound and half-inch. And even better, I can see a difference in photos and feel a difference in how my clothes fit. Plus, I’m still sticking to healthier eating with no real cravings.
My biggest takeaways from this journey on the Ultimate Reset?
- It’s OK to take time FOR ME.
- If I don’t take on too much at once I can do what I set out to do and I don’t have to ‘start over’ again tomorrow.
- Weight loss is a result of being healthy. It’s almost impossible to lose weight without changing your habits (duh, right?).
- Even when you know what to do, you might need to follow a prescriptive plan to help you get back on track.
- The temporary satisfaction I was getting from my poor food choices wasn’t really what I was looking for at all. My favorite saying “Nothing tastes as good as seeing results feels”.
- I can do hard things! I knew this, but this program reminded me of it!