My family isn’t gluten-free, however we do try to eat a little better now and then. We love our sweets (myself included) but I know that quality whole foods are better for all of us (and our waistlines).
Just a few of the benefits of cutting back on gluten (and flour) include:
- Better digestive health
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Increased energy
- Decreases other unhealthy ingredients, like oils, found in baked goods
- More room in your diet for fruits and vegetables
That’s why I love these flourless brownie muffins from Autumn Calabrese.
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz) drained and rinsed
- 3 eggs large
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place chickpeas, eggs, maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil and vanilla extract in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Divide batter among 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Top each cupcake with about four chocolate chips, pushing into batter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and enjoy!
Learn more about Shakeology and why I drink it every day.
Want to get your daily dose of superfood? Order your Shakeology here.